[ltt-dev] Problems in modprobe [ FATAL : Module not found ]

soumyakanti chakraborty soumyakanti.chakraborty at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 09:00:34 EST 2010

Hi All

This is my first mail to the list, so a quick introduction. I am *Soumya
Kanti Chakraborty* currently pursuing MS degree at Mdh (Malardalen
University), Sweden.

>From the last few days and nights I am trying to Install LTTng in my Ubuntu
9.10. After much efforts and recompiling today all the configurations went
right and my kernel booted successfully. But after activating DebugFS when I
started to modprobe for all the modules (as directed in the manual), I found
the same error for each [ FATAL : module not found ]. When I see the path *
/lib/modules* there is also no modules for LTTng. As what I remember during
the *make menuconfig *I selected all the LTTng parts to be included inbuilt
in kernel and not build as "*M*" or modules.* *I will be attaching my config
file for reference.

Kernel Version used - *2.6.30*
LTTng patch - *0.159*

I read somewhere in your earlier mailing list threads "*
http://lists.casi.polymtl.ca/pipermail/ltt-dev/**2009**-April/**001470**
.html*"
that if you "have compiled those modules built into your kernel, so in that
case you don't need to load them as module."
*
*
So I just wanted to know can I move forward with installing LTTV and control
packages even if modprobe can't find the LTT modules ?

Here is the link of the config file - http://pastebin.ca/1763957

Thanks and Regards,

Soumya Kanti Chakraborty
Student - Magister Programme in Software Engineering
Mälardalens Högskola
Västerås
Mobile:- +46 704478798
mailto: scy09001 at student.mdh.se

"Winners Don't Do Different Things, They Do Things Differently"