[lttng-dev] LTTng UST structure support

Jérémie Galarneau jgalar at efficios.com
Thu Feb 2 18:18:13 EST 2023

Hi Charles,

I can't really comment on what the packages do, but babeltrace2 provides those headers under "include/babeltrace2-ctf-writer" since that library is somewhat "grafted" to the project. Which distro are you using?

As for where to "plug" your bindings, that library is there to maintain compatibility with the ctf-writer library that was provided by Babeltrace 1.x as it had a number of external users. I don't expect it to keep up with new CTF versions.

A more "future proof" integration point is to write a source component, and instanciate it in a graph configured with the CTF filesystem sink, and feed your events through the graph.

Let me know if you want more information,
Jérémie

--
Jérémie Galarneau
EfficiOS Inc.