[lttng-dev] Syntax error running lttng

Paul Coward paul at triplanets.com
Wed Jun 2 01:40:04 EDT 2021

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

I have it installed on a small ARM computer that does not feature many
tools, specifically file & which are missing.

I don't have any shell aliases and the output of find is:
    ~ # find / -name "lttng" 2>/dev/null
    /mnt/sd1/modulesLTTNG/lttng
    /mnt/sd1/modulesLTTNG/lttng/usr/local/bin/lttng
    /mnt/sd1/modulesLTTNG/lttng/usr/local/lib/lttng
    ~ #
Limiting it to finding files is only the one:
    ~ # find / -name "lttng" -type f 2>/dev/null
    /mnt/sd1/modulesLTTNG/lttng/usr/local/bin/lttng
    ~ #

head -n 10 /mnt/sd1/modulesLTTNG/lttng/usr/local/bin/lttng
    outputs binary, examining it on the build computer shows it is an ELF
executable built for ARM

I didn't set up the shell so that could be questionable, but I'm not sure
exactly how.

I couldn't find that error message in the lttng source but to me it looked a
little like errors I have seen from libXML (possibly reaching for straws).

The error message looks like it is trying to read some sort of configuration
file and failing.

This is a link to the config.log
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_3QQEbfMcnS2_jX-MzJFO1JdGAArRRwW/view?usp=s
haring

I don't have the make output available at the moment but I can regenerate it
tomorrow if it will help.