[lttng-dev] Need help in converting trace data into CTF

Ravindra Kumar Meena rmeena840 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 09:25:27 EDT 2019

> Hi,
>
> > I am trying to write a metadata file. I am following
> https://diamon.org/ctf/.
> > I found one metadata file on GitHub repository
> >
> https://github.com/efficios/epiphany-examples/tree/barectf-tracing/apps/barectf-tracing/ctf
> >
> >  Which file format is used for the metadata files?
>
> Babeltrace understand text based metadata file as long as it conforms to
> the TSDL
> grammar.
>
> See:
>     https://diamon.org/ctf/#spec7
>     https://diamon.org/ctf/#spec7.4
>     https://diamon.org/ctf/#specC

Okay. I was following the above links to writing my own metadata file.

> For an example of metadata generator, you can look at Barectf[1] or
> lttng-tools[2]
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/efficios/barectf/blob/a3ebf5855c025a86ebc2d62cbda1338461e84c5a/barectf/tsdl182gen.py

I used "barectf config.yaml -m ctf" command. It helpled me generating the
metadata file. I looked at some other metadata file but they are binary
packetized. The one I generated using barectf is not binary packetized.

Are these file different?
Will both work the same way?

--
*Ravindra Kumar Meena*,
B. Tech. Computer Science and Engineering,