[lttng-dev] No trace data until app restart

Anand Neeli anand.neeli at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 07:33:08 EST 2015

Hi All,

I'm using 2.4.1 and i see following issue. Can anyone let me know if there
is/was a bug for this? or let me know if i'm doing anything wrong here.

I have my app running, and now if i create a trace session then nothing
gets logged until the app is restarted.
Also i have multiple session configured with same events enabled on all
sessions, but nothing gets logged into any of the sessions until the app is
restarted.

I'm using following commands.

lttng-sessiond --consumerd32-path /usr/lib/lttng/libexec/lttng-consumerd
--consumerd32-libdir /usr/lib/ --consumerd64-path
/usr/lib64/lttng/libexec/lttng-consumerd --consumerd64-libdir /usr/lib64/
-b --no-kernel
lttng  --no-sessiond create mys5
lttng enable-channel myc5 --userspace --buffers-pid -s mys5
--tracefile-size 8388608 --tracefile-count 8
lttng enable-event --channel myc5 --userspace --all --exclude 'ust_libc:*'
-s mys5
lttng start mys5

Thanks,
Anand Neeli