[lttng-dev] No trace data until app restart

Jonathan Rajotte Julien Jonathan.rajotte-julien at efficios.com
Mon Feb 23 11:54:32 EST 2015

Hi Anand

On 15-02-23 07:33 AM, Anand Neeli wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm using 2.4.1 and i see following issue. Can anyone let me know if
> there is/was a bug for this? or let me know if i'm doing anything
> wrong here.
A quick note on lttng version. We just released version 2.6 thus the end
of 2.4 support (aka no more bug fix and backport). I highly encourage
you to move to a supported version such as 2.6 or 2.5.
The ideal case would be to build from source. See
http://lttng.org/docs/#doc-building-from-source for more info.

Could you test the application against 2.5 or 2.6? If it still don't
work we would need a dummy program you can share that replicate the
problem with a step by step way to reproduce it.
 From there we could go forward.

Cheers!

> I have my app running, and now if i create a trace session then
> nothing gets logged until the app is restarted.
> Also i have multiple session configured with same events enabled on
> all sessions, but nothing gets logged into any of the sessions until
> the app is restarted.
>
> I'm using following commands.
>
> lttng-sessiond --consumerd32-path
> /usr/lib/lttng/libexec/lttng-consumerd --consumerd32-libdir /usr/lib/
> --consumerd64-path /usr/lib64/lttng/libexec/lttng-consumerd
> --consumerd64-libdir /usr/lib64/ -b --no-kernel
>
> lttng  --no-sessiond create mys5
> lttng enable-channel myc5 --userspace --buffers-pid -s mys5
> --tracefile-size 8388608 --tracefile-count 8
> lttng enable-event --channel myc5 --userspace --all --exclude
> 'ust_libc:*' -s mys5
> lttng start mys5
>

> Thanks,
> Anand Neeli