[lttng-dev] Listing live sessions after a session is destroyed

Jérémie Galarneau jeremie.galarneau at efficios.com
Thu Oct 30 14:41:22 EDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 5:39 PM, Marc-André Laperle
<marc-andre.laperle at ericsson.com> wrote:
> I have a viewer connected to relayd and attached to a session named "live".
> The session is started then destroyed. Then I list the sessions using the
> same viewer and it returns the destroyed session. If I try to attach to it,
> it returns a status LTTNG_VIEWER_ATTACH_ALREADY. I think this session should
> not be listed or there should be a status that indicates that the session

Hi Marc-André,

That does look like a bug. Would you mind opening a bug on
bugs.lttng.org describing the steps you take along with the babeltrace
(assuming this is the viewer you are using) and relayd verbose logs?
(launch both with -vvv)

> doesn't exist anymore. Or is it expected that I create a new viewer before
> listing the sessions again?

What do you mean by "creating a new viewer"?

Regards,
Jérémie

> Thank you for the help!
> Marc-Andre