[lttng-dev] Trace files not getting generated

Tommy Huynh tom.huynh15 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 8 22:10:03 EDT 2014

Thank you for your prompt response.

Regarding your question:

The lttng client seems to be starting a new session daemon at
line 97 of t4-lttng-httperf.log. Did it crash in the meantime? Or
perhaps these executions are unrelated?
    These executions are probably unrelated. I did run the experiment
    several times to make sure it's reproducible.

It is expected if the IO capacities of the machine are exceeded by the
event throughput. That wouldn't surprise me since you have 24 cores

producing events with all kernel events enabled.
    Are you suggesting a scalability issue with LTTng?
    What is the best way to address this?

Regards,
--
Tom