[lttng-dev] llntg on a PPC, Kernel 3.3.8; Only getting syscalls

John Kelly jfkelly07 at gmail.com
Fri May 23 10:52:57 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I'm debugging a performance issue on a PPC OpenWrt distribution, running
linux 3.3.8, and I've trying to debug it with a build of the lttng software
off the master branches.  I made a slight modification to get a
cross-compile working (renaming compat/{fcntl,poll,uuid}.h to prevent
recursive inclusions), and that source works fine for an x86 target on
kernel 3.4.46.

 I've got it capturing syscalls, but nothing else.  All the drivers load
OK.  I have every tracer and probe I can find turned on:

CONFIG_KPROBES=y
CONFIG_KRETPROBES=y
CONFIG_HAVE_KPROBES=y
CONFIG_HAVE_KRETPROBES=y
CONFIG_NET_TCPPROBE=m
CONFIG_TRACEPOINTS=y
CONFIG_HAVE_SYSCALL_TRACEPOINTS=y
CONFIG_KALLSYMS=y
CONFIG_KALLSYMS_ALL=y

Can anybody give me some hints as to where to look?