[lttng-dev] Debian specific userspace RCU configure override

Ondřej Surý ondrej at sury.org
Wed May 28 14:25:11 EDT 2014

On Wed, May 28, 2014, at 20:10, Jon Bernard wrote:
> As I currently understand, the debian build problem is that although the
> package is compiled on armv7 hardware, it is expected to target armv4t.
> And this is not correctly detected at configure-time.  The folks on
> #debian-arm suggested that this could be solved in configure.ac.  I can
> explicitly pass '--build <target>' to ./configure to get around this,
> but arm users that build from source will need to remember this.

Jon, I think you are solving a problem you don't really need to solve.

Unless the third party explicitly set the AH_SOMETHING_DMB from config.h
the value won't get set from urcu/config.h and thus such user won't be
affected.
So this scenario is so hypothetical that it probably won't happen.

(The obvious solution would be to have urcu/arch.h generated from
arch.h.in
instead of modifying the contents from urcu/config.h #defines that can
get
overriden by third party config.h.)

I think there's nothing the urcu folks can do for us, but thanks for
paying attention
and trying to help us.

O.
--