[lttng-dev] [GSoC 2014]

zlynus 302590304 at qq.com
Sun Mar 2 11:07:40 EST 2014

Hi,I'm a graduate student from China. Due to my last experience using SystemTap to trace kernel's submit_bio() function activity in my recent research on disk blocks' correlation, I get interested in system trace tool .So I think contributing  to lttng in GSoC would be a great adventure.

According to the idea page, the kernel side tracer has no comparable filtering mechanism like the one in user-space side however, it is proposed that the filtering be implemented in the babeltrace , rather than in kernel side. Can you please  tell me the reason?

Nevertheless, I think implementing a usable and relatively optimized filter is a great work worth working on. I have read the man page and tested the toolchain. Now I have got a whole picture of it. And in order to get familiar with you guys and prove my skills I should try to submit patches to this list, right? Beside that I hope hear your discussion on filter mechanism.

Best regards,
Lingyu Zhu