[lttng-dev] Extract lttng trace from kernel coredump

David Goulet dgoulet at efficios.com
Tue Jan 14 13:42:43 EST 2014

On 13 Jan (16:39:47), Corey Minyard wrote:
> I'm working on a feature to allow an lttng trace to be extracted from a
> kernel coredump, and I'm wondering the best way to proceed.  I've looked
> at extracting from the existing data structures, but that would require
> something to always have a trace file open and it looks more than a
> little complicated.  I was thinking instead of having a different trace
> channel for configuring this coredump and some globals to point to the
> various data structures.  Would that be the best way to pursue this?  Is
> there a better way, perhaps?

Oh yes we do actually already have a way to do that :)

Please see:
https://git.lttng.org/?p=lttng-tools.git;a=tree;f=extras/core-handler;h=29ded89a71fd36e159d671ca1f405cea394f8683;hb=HEAD

With the snapshot feature, it's quite easy to do that. Hope that helps
you with what you are trying to achieve.

Cheers!
David