[lttng-dev] Extract lttng trace from kernel coredump

Corey Minyard minyard at acm.org
Mon Jan 13 17:39:47 EST 2014

I'm working on a feature to allow an lttng trace to be extracted from a
kernel coredump, and I'm wondering the best way to proceed.  I've looked
at extracting from the existing data structures, but that would require
something to always have a trace file open and it looks more than a
little complicated.  I was thinking instead of having a different trace
channel for configuring this coredump and some globals to point to the
various data structures.  Would that be the best way to pursue this?  Is
there a better way, perhaps?

Thanks,

-corey