[lttng-dev] lttng git repositories and Eclipse

Thibault, Daniel Daniel.Thibault at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Wed Apr 30 12:29:55 EDT 2014

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 11:57:34 -0400
From: Marc-André Laperle <marc-andre.laperle at ericsson.com>

> On 14-04-30 11:48 AM, Thibault, Daniel wrote:
> > File: Import...
> > [Import]
> > Git > Projects from Git
> > (Next)
> > [...]
> > [Cloning from http://git.lttng.org/lttng-ust.git: Select a wizard to use for importing projects]
> > Use the New Project wizard
> >
> > C/C++ > C Project
> >
> >   Project type: GNU Autotools only allows "Empty project" which is no good.
> >    [...]
>
> Try it this way it should work. Change the location to point to your lttng-ust folder. Basically, every .configure folder should map to a
> different CDT project. "Empty project" in this case means that it just doesn't create source files for you. "Makefile Project with Existing
> Code" does pretty much the same thing as a new project with Makefile > Empty project but there's no Autotools equivalent.
>
> Marc-André

   Thanks, that works!

   What's odd is that the console, in this case, shows it starts the configuration with 'sh -c "autoreconf -i"', just like it did when I converted the imported general project to a C/C++ Autotools Project.  Why does it succeed in running bootstrap when the other fails?

Daniel U. Thibault
Protection des systèmes et contremesures (PSC) | Systems Protection & Countermeasures (SPC)
Cyber sécurité pour les missions essentielles (CME) | Mission Critical Cyber Security (MCCS)
R & D pour la défense Canada - Valcartier (RDDC Valcartier) | Defence R&D Canada - Valcartier (DRDC Valcartier)
2459 route de la Bravoure
Québec QC  G3J 1X5
CANADA
Vox : (418) 844-4000 x4245