[lttng-dev] CTF specificity question

Matthew Khouzam matthew.khouzam at ericsson.com
Wed Apr 30 15:31:48 EDT 2014

Hello tracing tracers,

I was wondering about the CTF readers, right now both babeltrace and the
java reader will look in the event header for "id" and "timestamp" and
they will also look for a variant "v". This works very well for LTTng
traces, but it provides an LTTng specific code path in theoretically
non-LTTng products. maybe it would be good to have in the spec that
timestamp and id are hard-coded in certain places. It would allow (not
garantied) minor performance improvements too since we know what to look
for all the time.

Just a random though

Matthew