[lttng-dev] Build and test LTTng on Travis CI

David Goulet dgoulet at efficios.com
Tue Nov 26 10:52:54 EST 2013

Hi Zifei,

On 25 Nov (23:21:30), Zifei Tong wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just made a travis script [1] to build and test LTTng on Travis CI.
> I think this might be useful in case you work on your own lttng fork
> and want to have a CI system to check your commits.
>
> The lttng test suite runs good with gcc on Travis CI [2], with minor
> changes [4] with respect to bug #666 [5] and the 50 minutes build time
> limit of Travis CI.
>
> However for clang build [3], the unit tests won't pass. And I can
> confirm this failure on my own machine. I've created #697 [6] on bug
> tracker with full backtraces.

I've pushed a travis file upstream in lttng-tools based on your version
[1] and I'm currently using it quite a bit with my development branch so
big thanks for that!

I've fixed most of the clang compiler issues, just need to investiguate
#697 [6] for the travis' test to succeed.

Bug 666 [5] is also fixed now so you don't need a custom patch for
travis-ci.org. A fast and a long UST snapshot tests were added where the
"make check" runs the fast one (only 10 snapshots in the loop version
the 1000 for the long).

Again, thank you! Cheers!
David