[lttng-dev] [PULL REQUEST babeltrace] Python bindings API refactoring

Jérémie Galarneau jeremie.galarneau at efficios.com
Fri Nov 22 18:00:10 EST 2013

Hi all,

I received a number of great comments about the Babeltrace Python API
since my last pull request. These patches, available on my personal
repository, aim at making the API feel more natural to Python
developers by using the appropriate language constructs where
appropriate.

The three "Fix" patches address bugs that were uncovered in the C
codebase while developing and testing this patch set.

https://github.com/jgalar/babeltrace.git

2be62ad Python-bindings: Refactor the Context class
32de3db Python-bindings: Refactor the TraceHandle class to use properties
7740532 Python-bindings: Refactor the Event class
10d1b96 Python-bindings: Move the _scopes array out of the Event class
99e8489 Python-bindings: Refactor the FieldDecl and EventDecl classes
425caab Python-bindings: Move declaration bindings out of the _Definition class
b5e4875 Fix: Use the bt_iter_set_pos function to set the begin_pos
3f8750e Fix: Take the iterator's end position into account
35e0cb7 Fix: bt_ctf_field_generic_validate should return < 0 on error
810922e Python-bindings: Refactor the CTFWriter API

I think these patches bring us to a point where the bindings/python
branch could be safely merged into master.

Thanks,
Jérémie

--
Jérémie Galarneau