[lttng-dev] Building LTTNG as a debian package

Alexandre Montplaisir alexmonthy at voxpopuli.im
Thu Nov 21 19:11:31 EST 2013

Hi,

The packaging for distributions is usually managed by the distribution
itself, not the upstream project.

For the official Debian packages, you can search on packages.debian.org
for the package names, and from there you can download the
*.debian.tar.gz for the packaging "recipe". Or follow the links to get
to the git tree where it is stored. For example, for the lttng-modules
package:
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/lttng-modules.git;a=summary

We also maintain a Ubuntu PPA which does automatic builds from git
roughly every day. If you want to package a git snapshot, you may find
those useful:
https://code.launchpad.net/~lttng
(under the *-packaging-daily branches)

Cheers,