[lttng-dev] New LTTNG user

Geneviève Bastien gbastien+lttng at versatic.net
Thu Jun 27 10:22:08 EDT 2013

On 06/26/2013 12:58 AM, Jessica Foest wrote:
> Hi
>
> when use lttng network tracepoint it didn't display network interface
> mode (like promiscuous mode or other ) . did i miss some tracepoint
> option or it's a limitation ?
> regard

Hi Jessica,

Which tracepoints are you using?  If you're talking about net_dev_queue,
netif_receive_skb, netif_rx, then the information it shows is very
limited.  I have an experimental branch which adds data to those
tracepoints, mostly the network header if it's IP or IPv6 and transport
header if it's TCP.  But the network interface mode is not one of those
data, though if you know how to find it, it may (or may not) be fairly
easy to add.

Here's the git branch
http://git.dorsal.polymtl.ca/~gbastien?p=lttng-modules.git;a=summary
branch net_data_experimental