[lttng-dev] View for virtual machine monitoring

Thibault, Daniel Daniel.Thibault at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Jul 9 15:12:19 EDT 2013

Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 14:32:54 -0400
From: Mohamad Gebai <mohamad.gebai at polymtl.ca>
To: linuxtools-dev at eclipse.org, lttng-dev at lists.lttng.org

> For the sake of our experience, we pinned vCPU0 of VM1 and vCPU0 of VM2 on the same physical CPU, and ran a CPU-intensive workload for one second one each one of them.
> We generated our traces using the low-overhead LTTng tracer. We can clearly see that during that second, both of the virtual CPUs are fighting over the same physical CPU.

   You should have said "and ran a CPU-intensive workload for one second on both of them simultaneously".  Otherwise you may be misconstrued as meaning you ran the workloads consecutively.  (The third sentence dispels this incorrect reading, but it's better to get the meaning across unambiguously the first time)

Daniel U. Thibault
Protection des systèmes et contremesures (PSC) | Systems Protection & Countermeasures (SPC)
Cyber sécurité pour les missions essentielles (CME) | Mission Critical Cyber Security (MCCS)
R & D pour la défense Canada - Valcartier (RDDC Valcartier) | Defence R&D Canada - Valcartier (DRDC Valcartier)
2459 route de la Bravoure
Québec QC  G3J 1X5
CANADA
Vox : (418) 844-4000 x4245