[lttng-dev] Java and UST ?

Aaron Spear aspear at vmware.com
Tue Jan 8 17:42:00 EST 2013

Hi All,

In a conversation with Mathieu the other day he mentioned that there was some ongoing work to create some standard Java logging implementation that logged via UST. I was hoping to find some more detail about this and plans that are underway, and then ask how I can help. My ideal would be to have an SLF4J implementation (or java.util.logging) that I could easily build into any given java app that then uses UST to do the logging. There are many interesting questions that come up in my head with respect to what you do with mappings between Java and CTF (how "components" are treated, contexts, enable/disable, treatment of Java objects in CTF metadata, ...)

cheers,
Aaron Spear