[lttng-dev] [Announcement][Eclipse viewer][CTF] Better error messages

Matthew Khouzam matthew.khouzam at ericsson.com
Tue Apr 23 11:05:16 EDT 2013

Hi tracing luchadores and luchadorettes,
this is a small feature but I know some of you are making your own CTF
traces. I am just giving a heads up that the eclipse viewer as of
yesterday has improved error messages.

The messages before:
"The trace was invalid"

Now:
General "File not found: xxx"
General "xxx is not a directory, expecting a directory"
General "xxx is not a file, expecting a file"
TSDL "Mismatched token: expecting X, found Y on line ###"
TSDL "Only one trace block is allowed"
TSDL "Missing trace block"
TSDL "Trace byte order not set"
TSDL "Left side of CTF assignment must be a string" ...

Sorry, this list is rather exhaustive.

You can get it on the nightly builds for eclipse, or in a few months in
the Kepler release.