[lttng-dev] GSoC 2013, "Instrumenting Open Source projects using UST" project.

Jérémie Galarneau jeremie.galarneau at efficios.com
Fri Apr 12 12:39:44 EDT 2013

That certainly is an interesting project!

You should probably approach the subject with the wpa_supplicant's
developers to gauge their interest in integrating UST tracepoints into
their codebase. I have never looked at their code; maybe they already
have a logging or tracing infrastructure in place which would make the
modifications less invasive.

This, of course, applies to any project you'd like to instrument.
Determining the developers' level of interest in LTTng is a crucial
part of such proposals since we don't want to maintain patchsets for
external projects (at least, I'd advocate against it).

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Jérémie

Jérémie Galarneau