[lttng-dev] Bugfix: Bug #453

Christian Babeux christian.babeux at efficios.com
Tue Apr 9 12:08:59 EDT 2013

Hello Simar,

Here a few additional guidelines/tips for submitting patches:

- I see in your patches that you based yourself on my personal github
lttng-tools repository to prepare your patches. This repository might
be lagging behind the official one, hence I would suggest using the
official git repository to prepare your patch. You can find them in
"Git Repositories" in the Download [1] section on the lttng website.

- Add the following at the end of your commit message:

Fixes #453

This will automatically close the bug #453 in the bug tracker when
your patch is merged :).

- Indicate in the patch subject on which project the patch is to be
applied. In your particular case, the patches need to be applied on
the lttng-tools tree. You can accomplish this with the
'--subject-prefix' option when using the git format-patch command:

git format-patch -s -1 --subject-prefix="PATCH lttng-tools"

- Add your signoff in the patch. Use the '-s' option when using git
format-patch.

- Send the patch to the maintainer of the project and CC the list. In
your case, David Goulet (dgoulet at efficios dot com) is the
maintainer of lttng-tools. You can accomplish this with the following
git send-email command:

git send-email --to maintainer_email --cc list_email *.patch

If you want to discuss a project proposal, you can join us on IRC on
the OFTC network in the #lttng channel.

Thanks,

Christian

[1] - http://lttng.org/download