[lttng-dev] Is the 0.x LTTng installation tutorial still applicable?

Alexandre Montplaisir alexandre.montplaisir at polymtl.ca
Thu Mar 8 11:57:43 EST 2012

On 12-03-07 05:28 AM, Vincent Rubiolo wrote:
> Hello LTTng stewards,
>
> As part of an internal project here at WindRiver I am attempting to
> follow the LTTng installation tutorial[1] to put the LTTng kernel
> patches onto a 2.6.35 kernel of ours. The download link[2] however
> appear to not work anymore.
>
> Could somebody confirm the tutorial steps still apply? I have indeed
> found that I can go past the download issue by getting the patches
> from [3] instead.
>
> Many thanks for your guidance!
>
> Vincent
>
> [1] http://lttng.org/tutorial/lttnglttv
> [2] http://lttng.org/content/download
> [3] http://lttng.org/download-legacy

Hi Vincent,

How did you arrive to the URL in [1] ?  I don't think anything links to
that page anymore. We're due for a bit of cleanup anyway, there's still
a bunch of dangling pages like that...

For what it's worth, the source install method should still be valid,
but it the same thing is also be explained in the README of the source
packages themselves, so that page shouldn't be needed.

The link in [3] should be the only visible one (it's reachable from the
new Download page now).

Thanks for the feedback, let us know if you have any other problem.

Cheers,

--
Alexandre Montplaisir
DORSAL lab,