[ltt-dev] Trying to compile lttng-tools

Daniel U. Thibault daniel.thibault at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu May 5 13:43:28 EDT 2011

David Goulet <david.goulet <at> polymtl.ca> writes:

> Note that UST is not yet ready for the lttng-tools integration... This
> will come in a very short term probably at release version 0.14. You can
> still use basic trace command of lttng-tools to control UST.
>
> But, for now, you can fix that quickly by changing this to
> "libustctl/Makefile.am" from the git source of ust.
>
> -       $(top_builddir)/libustcomm/libustcomm.la
> +       $(top_builddir)/libustcomm/libustcomm.la \
> +       $(top_builddir)/snprintf/libustsnprintf.la
>
> Recompile and install ust and should be fine :)
>
> Don't hesitate for any other problems/comments.

Thanks...Instead of changing the ust release, I could try retrograding
lttng-tools to its last compatible commit.  Which would that be?

I guess what I really need to know is what is the most recent *coherent* set of
commits from git.dorsal.polymtl.ca and git.lttng.org?

On a somewhat related topic, I've found that the git.dorsal.polymtl.ca
lttng-agent (2011-03-23) is broken since 2011-02-25.  It relies on
ustctl_force_switch(pid_t pid), which appeared with the 2011-01-31 ust 0.11-0.12
commit ("Rename libustcmd to libustctl") --- this function was called
ustcmd_force_switch before then.  But on the 2011-02-25 ust 0.11-0.12 commit
("libustctl: use direct socket communication"), ustctl_force_switch(pid_t pid)
changed its signature to ustctl_force_switch(int sock, const char *trace).