[ltt-dev] [UST] ustctl cli

Nils Carlson nils.carlson at ludd.ltu.se
Thu Nov 4 15:37:44 EDT 2010

On Nov 2, 2010, at 5:24 PM, David Goulet wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Yes!
>
> # ustctl enable <CHANNEL> <MARKER>
> # ustctl set-path <NEW_PATH>
>
> Although, since tracing session is the next step (actually ongoing),
> it might be good to have something like that ? :
>
> # ustctl trace1_name <OPTIONS> <COMMAND>

Yepp, though I would reorder it a bit, maybe more like

ustctl create-trace nils_trace
ustctl enable-marker nils_trace sendmsg_marker
ustctl bufsize nils_trace ust 2MB

or something like that...

But I have to admit I've been working with switches lately which all
have nice custom CLI's with tab based help and command expansion and
stuff so I'm a bit spoiled.

/Nils