[ltt-dev] [UST] ustctl cli

David Goulet david.goulet at polymtl.ca
Tue Nov 2 12:24:46 EDT 2010

Hi again,

Yes!

# ustctl enable <CHANNEL> <MARKER>
# ustctl set-path <NEW_PATH>

Although, since tracing session is the next step (actually ongoing), it
might be good to have something like that ? :

# ustctl trace1_name <OPTIONS> <COMMAND>

(And for the options, I will go with lttctl that I think is better :)
   -o, --option OPTION
         Set options, following operations are supported:
         channel.<channelname>.enable=
         channel.<channelname>.overwrite=
         channel.<channelname>.bufnum=
         channel.<channelname>.bufsize=
         <channelname> can be set to all for all channels
         channel.<channelname>.switch_timer= (timer interval in ms)

In any case, for usability, we should come up with something else then
long option like --enable-marker, --get-subbuf-size, ...

What do you think? Maybe telling us a bit what's your idea.

David