[ltt-dev] Kernel compilation fails after applying LTTng patch

Naren tracemein at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 12:48:04 EST 2010

Hi,

After applying lttng patch to my kernel, the "make" fails. However, the
patching of the kernel was successful as i was able to see LTTng
configurations in the "menuconfig". However, after selecting the required
configurations for LTTng in the menuconfig, the make fails with the
following error message.

CC [M]  arch/x86/kernel/apm_32.o
arch/x86/kernel/apm_32.c: In function ‘apm_cpu_idle’:
arch/x86/kernel/apm_32.c:951: error: implicit declaration of function
‘enter_idle’
arch/x86/kernel/apm_32.c:959: error: implicit declaration of function
‘__exit_idle’
make[2]: *** [arch/x86/kernel/apm_32.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [arch/x86/kernel] Error 2
make: *** [arch/x86] Error 2

I am not sure what is the source of this error. I also believe the kernel is
compatible with the lttng patch.

Linux : Ubuntu 9.1
Kernel Version: linux-2.6.32.4
Lttng Patch Version : 0.187