[ltt-dev] MONARTIS - MONitoring of Applications for Real-Time Industrial System

Jérôme Stadelmann jerome.stadelmann at heig-vd.ch
Mon Dec 14 07:44:33 EST 2009

Hello everybody

I'm taking the freedom of writing to this mailing list to let you know about a 1-Year development focused on a monitoring framework devoted to OpenQNX kernel.

The framework is called MONARTIS (MONitoring of Applications for Real-Time Industrial System) and is composed of the OpenQNX kernel enhanced with monitoring trace points and log file management, as well as a very comfortable GUI allowing the user to visualize data and to analyze the behavior of realtime systems.
The event data format strongly rely on the LTTng framework.

The GUI has been developed within the Eclipse environment (there are both a plugin & RTC standalone version).
Binaries and source code are available at sourceforge:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/monartis

We also intend to develop post-processing simulation functions which should enable a user to examine the behavior of his system, based upon previous traces and taking into account some modifications of realtime parameters (priority, frequency, etc.). The idea is to perform simulation based on real delays and latencies.

For the time being, we have a few documents, but we will deliver a user guide very soon, although the tool is quite simple to use.

Please, if you have interest, let me know and we can consider  some valuable features or adaptations you may wish.
And do not hesitate to forward this email to anyone.

Kind Regards

Jerome Stadelmann