[lttng-dev] Limit on the number of arguments in TP_ARGS

Shahar Hochma shaharhoch at google.com
Wed Aug 7 10:03:12 EDT 2024

Hi,
I've been using LTTNG traces and I was trying to create events with more
than 10 arguments. But, I'm having an issue where this seems to fail in
compilation with a cryptic error when I define more than 10 arguments in
TP_ARGS.

I assume the issue is that there are some macros that are only defined up
to 10 arguments. I didn't see any documentation of this limit or any
mention of this anywhere, and I wanted to know if there is maybe a way to
get around this.

Of course I can combine arguments to struts or define 2 events instead of
one. But I wanted to know if there is a native way to resolve this.

Thanks.