[lttng-dev] [RELEASE] LTTng-UST 2.12.3 and 2.11.5 (Linux user-space tracer)
mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Wed Jan 5 16:27:23 EST 2022
This is a release announcement for the LTTng-UST 2.12.3 and 2.11.5
tracer. Those are bug fix releases.
The 2.11.5 release marks the end of life (EOL) of the stable-2.11 branch.
Users experiencing issues with the 2.11 branch are expected to upgrade to
either 2.12.3 or 2.13.1.
Note that the latest stable branch is 2.13 (its most recent release
is 2.13.1, released on December 10, 2021).
* Notable changes in 2.12.3:
Two notable fixes are "Fix: nestable pthread cancelstate" and
"Fix: abort on decrement_sem_count during concurrent tracing start and teardown",
which fix a rare deadlock scenario at application exit.
Another notable fix is "fix: liblttng-ust-fd async-signal-safe close()", which
ensures that the implementation of the symbol interposition for "close" is
async-signal safe, as it should be.
Please refer to the change logs below for the fixes contained in those
Feedback is welcome,
Project website: https://lttng.org
Download link: https://lttng.org/download
2022-01-05 (National Bird Day) lttng-ust 2.12.3
* Fix: ust-cancelstate: include string.h for strerror
* Fix: lttng-ust-fd: remove lttng_ust_common_ctor call
* Fix: nestable pthread cancelstate
* Fix: abort on decrement_sem_count during concurrent tracing start and teardown
* fix: liblttng-ust-fd async-signal-safe close()
* Set git-review branch to stable-2.12
* fix: link benchmark with pthread
* Fix: liblttng-ust-ctl have dependencies on liburcu
* Fix: add extern "C" to two header files
2022-01-05 (National Bird Day) lttng-ust 2.11.5
* Set git-review branch to stable-2.11
* fix: allow building with userspace-rcu 0.13
More information about the lttng-dev