[lttng-dev] LTTng Support for Mount Namespace

Mohammad Kavousi kavousi at u.northwestern.edu
Tue Jan 12 15:30:49 EST 2021

Before, I was installing using the ppa repository. Based on your
instructions, I made lttng using the source code in a totally new
environment, having the mount.h under '/lib/modules/$(uname -r)/build/fs'.

I removed the "ifneq" and "endif" statements for 'Makefile' and
'Kbuild.common' which were surrounding "mnt_ns_dep". lttng was installed
successfully and the kernel trace session started, but I'm still getting
the same error.

As a hint, in the build process for lttng-modules, I found messages such as
"./fs/ext4/*.h not found". Is that part of the problem? Meaning, is
enabling the mnt context filesystem-specific?