[lttng-dev] Creating custom application

Mosleh Uddin mosleh1235 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 12:09:54 EDT 2019

Hello,

Thank you for the quick response. I was able to use the documentation you
provided to start a session and get tracepoint list. I do have some
follow-up questions:

1) I needed to create a session daemon before executing my custom
application. In the API I did see functionality to see if a daemon is
active, however, it is possible to spawn a session daemon in my custom app?

2) I am able to get a list of active traces lttng can see in userspace, I
enable all the traces and start tracing. The traces however seem to not be
written anywhere on my filesystem. Do I have to specify a location? Or am I
missing something? My current flow is:

   - Creating a session
   - Specifying the domain
   - Creating a handle
   - Creating a channel (with default attributes)
   - Enabling the channel
   - Enabling event (for all traces)
   - Start tracing

Thanks again for all the assistance.