[lttng-dev] Need help in converting trace data into CTF

Ravindra Kumar Meena rmeena840 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 06:29:26 EDT 2019

> > See this dmesg source plugin for a base example of a source plugin [1].
> This is
> > valid for babeltrace 2.0 only (AKA the current master branch of
> babeltrace)
> >
> > For a more complete example of a source plugin,  you can take a look at
> the one for
> > ctf [2]. Once a source plugin is done you will be able to reuse all the
> current
> > infrastructure of babeltrace to output to ctf (ctf.sink).
> >
> > There is no magic solution here, you will need to write a decoder (source
> > plugin) for your format.
> >
> > [1]
> https://github.com/efficios/babeltrace/tree/master/plugins/text/dmesg
>
> For all the people coming here from the future:
>
> [1]
> http://git.efficios.com/?p=babeltrace.git;a=tree;f=plugins/text/dmesg;h=a45918aaf266dac29db6f7a0e4d08ffdb056131a
>
> > [2]
> https://github.com/efficios/babeltrace/tree/master/plugins/ctf/fs-src
>
> [2]
> http://git.efficios.com/?p=babeltrace.git;a=tree;f=plugins/ctf/fs-sink;h=b96b435706cac0ed50cb64918603172b67afc424

Thanks for sharing the links. I have cloned the babeltrace master branch
and installed all the dependencies required. The build was successful.

How should I use decoder(source plugin) example[1]? I mean I can see the
code and change it but how should I use it?

[1]
https://github.com/efficios/babeltrace/tree/master/src/plugins/ctf/fs-src

Thanks
--
*Ravindra Kumar Meena*,
B. Tech. Computer Science and Engineering,