[lttng-dev] 回复:Re: 回复:Re: Pros and Cons of LTTng

Jonathan Rajotte-Julien jonathan.rajotte-julien at efficios.com
Thu Jul 25 11:45:14 EDT 2019

Hi Yiteng,

> Thanks for quick response.
> LTTng is really impressive on performance,especially under heavy workload. When using it on critical machines,stability is also essential.
> I wonder how LTTng is commercialized and any products or OS distributions already enabled it.

LTTng is open-source and free and as far as I can tell will be for the foreseeable future.

The main contributor behind the lttng ecosytem is EfficiOS. We offer commercial
support and feature developments for lttng and similar tools. I encourage you to
take a look at our website [1] and contact us [2] if you need commercial
support.

LTTng mostly exists today due to EfficiOS and its commercial partners. EfficiOS
employs all major contributors of the lttng ecosystem.

[1] https://www.efficios.com/
[2] https://www.efficios.com/contact/

LTTng is already available for multiple distributions [3][4].

[3] https://lttng.org/download/
[4] Yocto: https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/plain/meta/recipes-kernel/lttng

> I took a look at lttng-modules bug list,there are a few kernel oops years ago and got resolved. May I say it is very stable or it has not been fully tested?

We do perform extensive testing for our userspace [5][6] and kernel
tracer[7][8]. We aim for stability. As you know bugs are always a possibility.
The kernel is a forever moving target and distro kernel sometime perform sketchy
rebase. We consider lttng-modules to be very stable and we strive to make sure
it is the case.

[5] https://ci.lttng.org/view/LTTng-ust/
[6] https://ci.lttng.org/view/LTTng-tools/
[7] https://ci.lttng.org/view/LTTng-modules/