[lttng-dev] Tracepoints firing without being enabled in LTTng

Francis Deslauriers francis.deslauriers at efficios.com
Tue Feb 19 17:16:39 EST 2019

Hi Mosleh,
Just to be clear:
When you run your app as a service (background), lttng list -u doesn't
display any events AND you see events in the live session without
having run enable-event and start commands.
When you run your app normally, lttng list -u displays events AND you
only see events after running enable-event and start commands.
Is that correct?

Please provide the output of the lttng-sessiond in verbose mode using
the following command:
> lttng-sessiond -vvv
please provide the output of your application as a service with this
environment variable:  LTTNG_UST_DEBUG=1
and please provide us with the service file describing how your
service is started.
Put all of this on a pastebin.com

Is your application mass-closing file descriptors when it's
daemonizing? how about using fork() syscall without an exec() after
it? If so, have a look at this part of the UST man page:
https://lttng.org/man/3/lttng-ust/v2.10/#doc-_using_lttng_ust_with_daemons

Thank you,
Francis

--