[lttng-dev] Query reagrding babeltrace generated output

Jonathan Rajotte-Julien jonathan.rajotte-julien at efficios.com
Thu Jul 5 09:16:21 EDT 2018

Hi Vidushi,

On Thu, Jul 05, 2018 at 06:10:47AM +0530, Vidushi Vashishth wrote:
> Sorry for the delayed response.
>
> >We would need the complete "babeltrace run" command. But it seems that
> this is a
> permission problem more than a problem with babeltrace
>
> I figured it out. The problem was with my run command. I was using:
>
> sudo babeltrace run --component=A:source.text.dmesg
> --params='no-extract-timestamp=yes' --key=path --value ~/Desktop/add.txt
> --component=B:sink.ctf.fs --key=path --value ~/Desktop/ --connect=A:B

Good!

> The `sudo` in the command was creating problems. It works when I drop it. I
> have another question, RTEMS trace output is either printed on console or
> can be saved in binary files. How should I go about creating a plugin for
> RTEMS binary output?

You can take a look at how the source plugins are implemented [1] [2].

[1] https://github.com/efficios/babeltrace/tree/master/plugins/text/dmesg
[2] https://github.com/efficios/babeltrace/tree/master/plugins/ctf/fs-src

> Are there any samples or documentation which can guide
> me in this regard?

Philippe Proulx might have more information regarding the state of documentation
for babeltrace 2. The best example is probably how the source.ctf.fs plugin is
done [2] since it deals with a binary format.

Cheers

--
Jonathan Rajotte-Julien
EfficiOS