[lttng-dev] Query reagrding babeltrace generated output

Jonathan Rajotte-Julien jonathan.rajotte-julien at efficios.com
Tue Jul 3 10:39:20 EDT 2018

Hi Vidushi,

On Tue, Jul 03, 2018 at 12:23:04AM +0530, Vidushi Vashishth wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am Vidushi. I am working on adding CTF trace generation capability to the
> tracing framework of RTEMS this summer (as a part of my GSoC project).

Nice!

>I am
> using babeltrace in this regard. While I am able to convert the RTEMS text
> output to CTF format using `babeltrace run` on the command line, the output
> is stored in a directory which does not have access permissions.

We would need the complete "babeltrace run" command. But it seems that this is a
permission problem more than a problem with babeltrace.

> I am able
> to get inside the directory by changing permissions (chmod) and list its
> contents (sudo ls) but I cannot view the metadata and CTF stream output or
> delete the said directory. Is there a way I can view/delete the contents of
> the trace directory?

Do you have "tree" installed on you system?

Could you try "tree -ugp <directory>"

What do you mean by "I cannot view the metadata and CTF stream output"?

Cheers

> I am sorry if this is too obvious. I am new to this.
>
> Thanks
> Vidushi Vashishth

Jonathan Rajotte-Julien
EfficiOS