[lttng-dev] LD_PRELOAD applications using lttng-ust-pthread

Genevieve Bastien gbastien+lttng at versatic.net
Tue Jan 9 15:34:18 UTC 2018

Hi Majid,

See the documentation here:
http://lttng.org/docs/v2.10/#doc-using-lttng-ust-with-daemons and
http://lttng.org/docs/v2.10/#doc-liblttng-ust-fd. Firefox requires at
least one of those extra libraries to be preloaded, the one for fork I
think.

I recall trying to trace firefox with lttng-cyg-profile without much
success. Without the liblttng-ust-fork.so preloaded, my tabs had
segfaults. But when I tried with both libraries, it seemed there was a
conflict between cyg-profile and the other preloaded libraries, I don't
remember exactly what happened. Maybe you won't have this problem with
lttng-ust-libc-wrapper.

I hope this helps,

Geneviève