[lttng-dev] Using lttng for traces and (in-process) logging

Jérémie Galarneau jeremie.galarneau at efficios.com
Fri Aug 10 12:23:20 EDT 2018

Hi,

I can see how this could be approximated by configuring a "live" tracing
session (i.e. you would see the log as they are produced), but there is
no way, currently, to serialize the events to stdout/stderr from the
application itself.

Maybe I misunderstood your question. Let me know.

Jérémie

On 6 August 2018 at 18:42, Norbert Lange <nolange79 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> since lttng would make for a decent logger, is it possible to create a
> own tracepoint provider and channel and acess it in the very same
> process thats traced?
> the log entries would need to be accessible directly to support some
> existing schemes for manipulating (interpolating to a different
> clock-source), forwarding and storing them.
>
> eg. I would like to access the logs and other traces with the normal
> lttng tools, but also be able to get a copy of the logs directly from
> the process generating them.

Jérémie Galarneau