[lttng-dev] Porting LTTNG or Barectf to Android

Jérémie Galarneau jeremie.galarneau at efficios.com
Mon Nov 20 17:12:18 UTC 2017

Hi,

Charles Brière posted a series on patch on the ML [1] in 2014 that
ported LTTng to Android and my understanding is that it made kernel
tracing possible. User space tracing still needed a lot of work.

Of course those patches won't apply on master, but it gives a good
idea of what's needed. At the time I didn't merge them because we had
no way to test the patches (continuously).

Regards,
Jérémie

[1] https://lists.lttng.org/pipermail/lttng-dev/2014-October/023678.html

On 16 November 2017 at 09:39, Nwafor, Ebelechukwu
<ebelechukwu.nwafor at bison.howard.edu> wrote:
> Hello Everyone.
>
> I am working on generating CTF for android and I was wondering if anyone has
> had any success/experience with porting barectf or LTTNG to android the
> platform?
>
> --
> Ebelechukwu Nwafor,
> Graduate Student,