[lttng-dev] CTF -> Chrome Trace Event

Genevieve Bastien gbastien+lttng at versatic.net
Wed Nov 1 15:57:08 UTC 2017

Hi Alok,

I don't know about anyone converting CTF to Catapult trace events, (it
would probably be rather straightforward to do with babeltrace 2 if you
know how to translate the events correctly) but in the Trace Compass
Incubator, we do have support for the trace-event format, so that Trace
Compass can read both CTF and trace-event traces.

See here [1] for instructions to install Incubator features and install
the "Trace Compass TraceEvent Parser" feature. You'll get some of the
catapult analyses with it.

[1]
http://versatic.net/tracecompass/incubator/2017/09/13/introducing-tracecompass-incubator.html

Cheers,