[lttng-dev] Status of MinGW support for babeltrace (either 1.x or 2.x)

Michael Jeanson mjeanson at efficios.com
Tue Aug 15 16:34:45 UTC 2017

On 2017-08-15 12:12, Jonah Graham wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Over the years I have seen some discussions and patches about getting
> full MinGW support for babeltrace. I am interested in if someone can
> provide an overview of the current state of MinGW.
>
> I have tried to build 1.5.3 and (probably as expected) there are
> numerous compile issues (e.g. sys/mman.h)
>
> I have gotten further with current master (my primary interest is
> libbabeltrace so the issues I have with cli/babeltrace.c and
> tests/test_ctf_writer.c don't concern me too much yet). However when I
> try to run a simple example (that works on Linux) it fails on
> bt_ctf_stream_flush. I will debug further to identify the problem.
> However If someone does have a mingw port working well any guidance on
> building would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Jonah

Hi Jonah,

A fully working port to Mingw is a release goal for babeltrace 2.0, as
you may have noticed a lot of patches for Mingw compatibility have been
merged in master in the last few weeks.

You can have a look at my port-staging [1] branch but it's really a
moving target right now.

As always, patches are welcome, if you plan to work on something, don't
hesitate to contact us on this mailing list or on oftc in the #lttng
channel.

Cheers,

Michael

[1] https://github.com/mjeanson/babeltrace/tree/port-staging