[lttng-dev] Status of MinGW support for babeltrace (either 1.x or 2.x)

Jonah Graham jonah at kichwacoders.com
Tue Aug 15 16:12:30 UTC 2017

Hello,

Over the years I have seen some discussions and patches about getting
full MinGW support for babeltrace. I am interested in if someone can
provide an overview of the current state of MinGW.

I have tried to build 1.5.3 and (probably as expected) there are
numerous compile issues (e.g. sys/mman.h)

I have gotten further with current master (my primary interest is
libbabeltrace so the issues I have with cli/babeltrace.c and
tests/test_ctf_writer.c don't concern me too much yet). However when I
try to run a simple example (that works on Linux) it fails on
bt_ctf_stream_flush. I will debug further to identify the problem.
However If someone does have a mingw port working well any guidance on
building would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Jonah

~~~