[lttng-dev] Error while building lttng-tools-2.9 from source for raspberry pi platform.

Jonathan Rajotte-Julien jonathan.rajotte-julien at efficios.com
Mon Apr 3 15:38:58 UTC 2017

On Mon, Apr 03, 2017 at 11:58:51AM +0530, abhishekk at uurmi.com wrote:

Hi,

>     I am trying to build lttng tools version 2.9  form source for
> my raspberry pi 3 B board, But i am ended up with some following
> assembler error message while doing make.

Are you cross-compiling?
Did you have any problems building userspace-rcu, lttng-ust, babeltrace?
Are you only observing these errors on building of the lttng-tools project?

Could you give us more information on the kernel currently used?
The version of gcc?
The distribution information?

> /tmp/ccegcSiA.s: Assembler messages:
> /tmp/ccegcSiA.s:1314: Error: selected processor does not support ARM
> mode `dmb ish'
> /tmp/ccegcSiA.s:1333: Error: selected processor does not support ARM
> mode `dmb ish'
> /tmp/ccegcSiA.s:1344: Error: selected processor does not support ARM
> mode `dmb ish'
> /tmp/ccegcSiA.s:1721: Error: selected processor does not support ARM
> mode `dmb ish'
> /tmp/ccegcSiA.s:1740: Error: selected processor does not support ARM
> mode `dmb ish'
> /tmp/ccegcSiA.s:1751: Error: selected processor does not support ARM
> mode `dmb ish'
> /tmp/ccegcSiA.s:2108: Error: selected processor does not support ARM
> mode `dmb ish'
> /tmp/ccegcSiA.s:2127: Error: selected processor does not support ARM
> mode `dmb ish'
> /tmp/ccegcSiA.s:2138: Error: selected processor does not support ARM
> mode `dmb ish'
> /tmp/ccegcSiA.s:2494: Error: selected processor does not support ARM
> mode `dmb ish'
> /tmp/ccegcSiA.s:2513: Error: selected processor does not support ARM
> mode `dmb ish'
> /tmp/ccegcSiA.s:2524: Error: selected processor does not support ARM
> mode `dmb ish'
> I there any way to solve this issue,

More information from your end mostly. See the bug reporting guidelines [1].

Cheers

[1] http://lttng.org/community/#bug-reporting-guidelines

> cat /proc/cpuinfo shows following result.
>
> processor    : 1
> model name    : ARMv7 Processor rev 4 (v7l)
> BogoMIPS    : 38.40
> Features    : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls vfpv4
> idiva idivt vfpd32 lpae evtstrm crc32
> CPU implementer    : 0x41
> CPU architecture: 7
> CPU variant    : 0x0