[lttng-dev] How to generate Sequence Diagram for Kernel Traces using lttng

Sandeep Nandal sandeep.nandal at nectechnologies.in
Wed Sep 7 14:15:36 UTC 2016

Dear lttng-dev Team,

I have collected traces using lttng on my Linux Machine RHEL7.2
Now I need to generate a Sequence Diagram showing the IPC between different processes.
Is there an in-built feature or already developed tool, by which I can generate the IPC between the processes using the kernel traces.
For example :-

1.       X forks Y

2.       X sends data through socket to Y

3.       X sends communicate with Y using PIPE

4.       And etc.

>----------------Time ----------->
                                                                                *|

Consider   *|  as the kind of IPC between different process at given time. Eg. PIPE, SOCKET, FORK etc.

Kindly guide me.

Thank you