[lttng-dev] CTF2-PROP-1.0: Proposal for a major revision of the Common Trace Format, version 1.8

Philippe Proulx pproulx at efficios.com
Sun Dec 11 17:49:19 UTC 2016

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Jérémie Galarneau" <jeremie.galarneau at efficios.com>
> To: "Philippe Proulx" <pproulx at efficios.com>

Isn't it enough to tag the `timestamp_begin` field with
`update-data-stream-clock-now` and the `timestamp_end` field with
`update-data-stream-clock-after-packet`?

If you need to seek, read the packet header and context, then
look at the current values of the data stream clocks and at their
projected values (after packet).

Philippe Proulx
EfficiOS Inc.
http://www.efficios.com/