[lttng-dev] Shared memory support?

Mathieu Desnoyers mathieu.desnoyers at efficios.com
Tue Sep 22 13:54:50 EDT 2015

----- On Sep 22, 2015, at 12:16 AM, Glenn Elliott <glelliott at teslamotors.com> wrote:

> Hello urcu devs,

> I am interested in using urcu for a project where interprocess communication
> occurs through shared memory. Can I use urcu to synchronize access access to
> data structures stored in shared memory? Has the situation changed since this
> question was asked several years ago (
> http://lists.lttng.org/pipermail/lttng-dev/2013-September/021415.html )? If
> shared memory is now supported, would there be issues if readers map the shared
> memory regions that contain shared data structures as read-only?

Hi Glenn,

Currently, none of the urcu flavors support shared-memory between
processes.

Even though there appears to be interest for this feature, it has not
materialized in any funding to support this implementation effort. Let
us know if this is something you would be interested to sponsor.

Thanks for your interest in urcu!