[lttng-dev] Out of Tree Kernel Module

Jonathan Haws Jonathan.Haws at sdl.usu.edu
Wed Jan 21 16:28:26 EST 2015

> Did you try the procedure described here?
> <http://lttng.org/docs/#doc-instrumenting-out-of-tree-linux-kernel>

Yes, I have been following that.  However, that talks about changes to
the probe file, but doesn't address anything about the actual module
being instrumented.  There isn't any information about where to put your
tracepoint definitions header for an out-of-tree module.

Does the tracepoint definition still have to reside in the kernel
sources?  I hope not - hopefully there is a way to point the module
Makefiles to where my tracepoint files actually are.

Thanks!
Jon